MIAMI COUNTY LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
Chairman: Jay Moeller, RSM US LLP
Vice Chairman: Andrew Wannemacher, Miami County Juvenile & Probate Courts
- promote local, state and federal legislative interests of the business community
- works to highlight and discuss issues of interest to Chamber members
- host legislative luncheons, business round-table discussions, and meetings
The Miami County Legislative Committee is a joint committee of the Miami County Chambers (Troy, Tipp City, Piqua & Covington).
Beginning in April 2017, the Committee will meet the first Friday of each month at the Troy Area Chamber offices. The committee meets at 7:30 am and is open to all Chamber members.
- The Chambers are hosting a Joint Business After Hours at Upper Valley Career Center on March 16.
- Piqua Chamber is hosting a BAH on March 9 with Western Southern at Mulligins
- Piqua Chamber is hosting Safety Council on March 16
Contact your local Chamber for more information regarding upcoming events.
CURRENT LEGISLATIVE TOPICS
- Warren Davidson's office seeks input regarding appealing/replacing the Affordable Care Act, Tax Reform, and Welfare reform
- The Governor's budget is currently with the House Finance Committee. The Miami County Legislative Committee seeks input regarding the budget and possible sales tax increases.
- Piqua continues to work on Riverfront Development.
- Tipp City has formed a community committee to fundraise for a new football stadium. The stadium will be built at the current location adjacent the park.
- Troy is working with MKSK on a comprehensive study regarding the downtown, recreation and riverfront.
Get connected...Join us at an event!
For more information about the
Legislative Committee, contact:
CONNECT WITH OUR PARTNERS REGARDING LEGISLATIVE ISSUES